Marie Laveau Bar Soap
Marie Laveau Bar Soap
Meet the Monsters - Detailed Scent descriptions.
- Bigfoot: Northwest Cedar
- Bride: Chocolate & Vanilla
- Creature: Frankincense & bergamot
- Dracula: Cedarwood & Rose
- Elizabeth Bathory: Lemongrass & Amber
- Gentleman Jack: Lavender & vanilla
- Ghostly Pirate: Spiced blood orange
- Lilith: Rose & Mint
- Marie Laveau: Sweet southern bourbon
- Reaper: Tea tree & peppermint
- Psycho Clown: Screamsickle (vanilla and blood orange)
- Vampire Hunter: Leather & spice
- Viking: Vetiver, cedar, & bergamot
- Witch: Vetiver, lavender, frankincense & tangerine
- Witch Doctor: Key lime & coconut
- Wolfman: Douglas fir & balsam
- Zombie Killer: Sweet tea & honeysuckle
Note: These are not ingredient lists. They are descriptions of the fragrances. If you have a sensitivity to any essential oil, ask us and we will let you know if we use it!
Known as the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans, there is no more famous practitioner of the dark arts from the Big Easy than Marie Laveau. She's a figure so inexorably tied to New Orleans that we colored this soap - named for her - with the green, purple, and gold colors of Mardis Gras.
Like Marie herself, this is a complicated fragrance. It is sweet with a subtle boozy aspect. It might smell like certain whiskey liqueurs that are both comforting and southern. Aspects of geranium, labdanum, and even wyrmwood combining to create an extremely unique fragrance.
The coconut oil base we use in our soaps is moisturizing and provides a crazy amount of lather.
A Word on Exfoliating Soaps
At MONSTER Flesh & Mane, we use four grades of exfoliation in our soaps.
These soaps do not have any exfoliation ingredients and thus require no special instructions.
With the finest grit, the exfoliating ingredients in these soaps will gently scrub away dead skin from the topmost layer. Less effective, but great for daily use. Use as normal.
These soaps have slightly coarser grit, or harder bits that will exfoliate a bit harder. If you just scrub away with these, you may cause some irritation and scratching of your skin. Slow it down a bit.
The exfoliating ingredients in these soaps are coarse or especially hard, and will seriously abrade away dead skin. Use slow, deliberate circles when scrubbing with these soaps. Not for every day use; use only as needed.